Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lounge and hallway makeover

MakeItYours
Bunnings
Bunnings

Lounge and hallway makeover

LoungeHero.jpg

This week the Make It Yours lounge and hallway is getting a makeover. The spaces have been transformed by organisational queen and YouTube star Rachel Lee, who teams with health and wellbeing guru Rachel Aust. Together they prove just how easy it is to take a room from drab to fab!

Over the course of two days the girls remove old floor coverings and replace them with stunning timber floorboards. They also update tired window frames, give the walls a new look and feel courtesy of on-trend colour swatches, and transform the hallway with an easy-to-install panelled feature wall. All with products available at Bunnings.

“We want to create a really nice entry way that leads you up into the living room,” says Rachel Lee. “We also want to make the space feel really welcoming, and very homely as well.”

Once the basics were done, the pair found furniture, rugs and homewares from Bunnings to dress the space. They also show how easy it is to upcycle old furniture to give your room a stylish, inexpensive modern makeover.

Rachel and Rachel received help from the team at Bunnings, who show how to attempt their transformations at home via easy-to-follow how-to videos.

It really is THAT simple to Make It Yours! See for yourself with The Rachels’ amazing transformation.

Before and after lounge makeoverBefore and after lounge makeover

derosala_inc
Growing in Experience

Re: Lounge and hallway makeover

Hi, thanks for letting me join your group. Any information on wall pannelling for my hallway. Thank you

Regards

Lea

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to have you join us Lea (@derosala_inc). We look forward to seeing what you can achieve around your house and garden with a little help from the Workshop community. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

There is a how-to article on the Bunnings website showing how to create a VJ feature wall. I will also attach the video below.

I imagine the impact on your plasterboard will depend on how you affix the boards. Hopefully Workshop members like @ProjectPete will have some tips and tricks for you. His wall panelling project has been very popular with the community. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry Lea (@derosala_inc)

Just realised you might be wanting to replicate the hallway feature using wood panels like in the hallway makeover above. 

There's also instructions for that project on the Bunnings website - How to make a feature wall using wood panels. And I'll pop another video below.

Let us know what you want to do, I'm sure our members will be very happy to assist.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects