Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids 'teepee' clothes rack

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Kids 'teepee' clothes rack

After being handed my To Do list by Leah before the WA Day long weekend, I wasn't as thrilled as I normally am because it was filled with more chore-like tasks than fun stuff, such as;

• Replace both toilet seats
  • Change light switches
  • Patch up walls

It turns out deciding on a new toilet seat is a bigger deal than you might think and I actually felt better than I thought I would after replacing them. Although that just comes down to the excitement from my girls when they saw the 'magic' one I installed in their toilet #smallthings haha

Anyway back to the purpose of this post. Thankfully I did get to whip up this simple but effective little clothes rack for some of my girls' 'fancy'/'showoff' clothes.

teepee clothesrack1.JPGteepee clothesrack2.JPG

Just comment or PM for the (simple) instructions :smile: Hope you like it!

PS @Kermit this is the first thing I made using my new workbench.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Kids 'teepee' clothes rack

Natasha has fixed it for you. Thanks guys.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kate1
Getting Established

@ProjectPete 

Hi could I please have the instructions for the teepee clothes rack thanks

Sorry for the delay @kate1 

It's been a while but it was something like...

Materials

Tools

• Drop saw
  • Drill
  • 25mm spade drill bit
  • Paint brush
  • Pencil

Method

1. Cut one end of each length of timber at 15° with your drop saw.

2. Stand two lengths of timber with the 15° cut ends on the floor and cross them at the top to create the teepee shape, then mark where they overlap.

3. Mark the centre of the overlap area, then drill through it with the spade bit. 

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other 2 lengths.

5. Stain, paint, or otherwise your timber to create the effect you're looking for.

6. To construct it, stand up one end fo the rack and feed the dowel intot he holes you drilled, then do the same for the other end.

Note - You may find the dowel fits snug in the holes and the rack will stay standing even with the weight of the clothes on it however, consider if you want to secure it some more just the be sure (most from a children's safety perspective). You can do this by adding some wood glue inside the holes with the dowel (protect your timber first if you choose to do this) or you can secure the bottom of the legs with more dowel or even rope.

Would love to see how you go with it :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
kate1
Getting Established

Thankyou
Will let you know how it goes

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects