Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fire place

Scally96
Just Starting Out

Fire place

Hi all , just after some ideas as to what I should do with this fire place , I want to keep it but hate the brick work on it , any suggestions on how to hide or transform this fire place? 

Thanks IMG_1397.PNG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fire place

Welcome to Workshop @Scally96. It's great to have you join in the discussion. I'm sure you'll find our Workshop community members to be helpful both for this project and for many to come in future. I'm looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

My Grandfather tilled ours when the house was built. Not a great colour choice but they have lasted 62 years so far.
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@Scally96

I would paint the brick and the wood panelling white. It would transform the room. 

You could also incorporate some cabinetry, like this:

painted-brick-and-built-ins2.jpg

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

I actually think it looks pretty funky. I'd just look at replacing the tiles and removing that wooden boarder/guard on the floor. 

But if you did want to change it, painting it would be quick, cheap and easy. You could also paint the metalwork if its scratched. You'd just need a high heat paint like this https://www.rustoleum.com.au/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/high-heat-spray  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Scally96,

Hope all is well.

Hope you found the suggestions from community members helpful. Have you decided what you want to do and/or made any progress?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

I guess it depends on the look you are going for. I personally would clad it with rustic timber obviously adding a non combustible barrier between the 2 first though but my suggestion would be to check out some ideas on Pinterest or anywhere else on the net find something you like and make your own version of it.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects