Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you have a "junk" room?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have a "junk" room?

Our backyard games room project is nearing lock-up stage, which means we have had to pick up all the bathroom fittings, tiles, vanity, lights and door furniture so we've got them ready to install.

We currently have items all around the house, because our usual go-to room for temporary storage (our study) is already full. 

It's always handy having a spare room or some garage space to temporarily house things and keep your living rooms and bedrooms from clutter. Some people will even now pay you to store their stuff. The trouble is, these spaces often become a permanent mess. 

Do you have a "junk" room at your house? What is typically in it? How often do you try to clean it out?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Do you have a "junk" room?

Oh boy @aussiblue, that story would turn anyone into a hoarder! Was the Apple I in a wooden case?

I also have a soft spot for Microbee computers from the classrooms of my childhood, although nothing could beat the mighty Commodore 64!

You can edit your posts within the first 24 hours. Just click on the three dots on the top right corner of the post you want to edit. The Edit Reply option is the top option in the pop-up menu.

Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site. I'm always happy to help and there are also other moderators in the community that can assist. Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. I hope you find Workshop informative, interesting and fun. Please post again soon.

Jason

Thanks.  The Apple 1 had been put into an Apple clone plastic box but the original wooden box and documentation was there too.  It also had a few modifications to make it more like compatible with the Apple II although it would have been easy to return it to original. The friend I gave it two binned it; I still suspect my wife and her conspired to encourage me to give it to her just to get it out of our house.

@aussiblue 

Tragic. :unhappy:

Yes very tragic; probably even more so for my friend (never returned to WA) who I suspect thinks I lied about giving it away and probably believes sold it for a small fortune. In truth if I had kept it, I would probably have sold it when prices went over US$10,000 so I would still be kicking myself albeit perhaps more gently.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects