Workshop
Ask a question

D.I.Y. pallet wood clock

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. pallet wood clock

Clock.jpeg

Everything I have made has been for personal use or as a gift. Recently my amazing boss asked me to make her a wooden clock to finish off their kitchen/lounge room renovation. Similar to one I made for our home.

So working with their new colours and farmhouse style decor I ended up with this result.

I included their family name and year they were married as a personal touch.

Even though I refused she insisted on paying me for it - so technically my first customer! Best feeling was seeing how happy she was! 

First time using oil based stain so had to practice on scrap wood till I was confident enough.

Had a few dramas when chipping out a hole for the clock mechanism. Pallet wood was very dry so had a few split and have to re do the process with a new piece.

8379BA90-475E-47AF-9D5F-C1E944B11F0B.jpeg  21AF8FBC-93C8-4BD8-AB20-6B11293BAB27.jpeg  C637F4D8-6E44-4A87-898A-B055D11AE405.jpeg  3316AAD7-3865-46D8-8B5F-79AC7BB61E46.jpeg  E003034B-CB56-48E5-9E83-6C5DD9F69A1C.jpeg  A8E1C422-4E74-4000-9938-6E19D84B35E1.jpeg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: DIY pallet wood clock

Beautiful work!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lovely work as always @Tara86. Many thanks for sharing with the community.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prawns
Becoming a Leader

WOW!

I love it looks great. Dont feel bad charging money IMO you should see what clocks like that sell in shops for hahahahha. You should hit your boss up for another commision for the workplace :smile:

Great job
bigjr66
Finding My Feet

Re: D.I.Y. pallet wood clock

Did you make the Numbers and outer Ring? where did you get that may I ask?

Thanks for asking the question @bigjr66, as I would have missed seeing this beauty.
Keen to know as well as I'd love to make one for my wife.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bigjr66,

Let me tag @Tara86 for you so she is alerted to your question about sourcing the clock numbers and ring. I'm sure she will be happy to help as soon as possible. Are you planning on building something similar? We hope to be able to see it. 

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and we trust you receive plenty of helpful information, advice and project inspiration from other community members. We have loads of amazing people sharing fantastic work. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Hello @bigjr66 I actually purchased it from Kmart for $19 then modified it. I had done another one where I removed the numbers just had (3,6,9 & 12) but as this was to match a farmhouse/rustic theme I left them on. 
I used U shape staples to attach it to the wood but spray painted them black first so they would blend in. I was able to use the clock as the template by tracing it on the wood so it would fit inside the wooden circle. 

If you need anything else let me know. I have a lot more pics detailing each step if you need ☺️☺️

K-Mart Australia sell Clock Parts? who'd a thought. :smile: thanks

Found it

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/large-metal-clock/188935

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects