Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Castle bookshelf

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Castle bookshelf

319EAF98-4736-465D-911C-05AAF54B99E8.jpeg
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Castle bookshelf

Love this @prettyliving. Have you got some tips for members who might like to build something similar? And what materials did you use? 

Many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@prettyliving Amazing, love it!! Just created a playroom for my little girl last week, I might need to borrow this idea. I rent so would need to limit the fixings into walls or conceal them.

Thanks for posting!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Hi @Jason 

For the structure I used some pine boards from Bunnings, I primed them and then painted using the Rust-oleum ultra Matt paint in blush pink. For the writing on the front I used a sharpie in metallic gold and then I went over it with some glitter craft paint. With this project I just started with the base and then slowly cut the rest pieces to size, screwing them together as I went. My pro tip would be to use a square to check each angle before attaching so that the overall structure is straight and not leaning at all.

Hope that helps 😊

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thanks @MitchellM awesome she will love it! 😊 I don’t have skirting boards in the room I put it so I was able to push it right against the wall and then I just used one angle bracket in the middle to stop it from moving 😊 

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Creative and practical @prettyliving. Love it.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thank you 😊 @ProjectPete 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats @prettyliving, this popular project is going to be featured by Bunnings on Facebook and Instagram later today. 

Prepare for plenty of questions, I'm sure it will continue to inspire many people. 

Looking forward to seeing what you share with us next!

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Oh wow how neat! Thanks so much 😊

Looking forward to the questions ☺️
Been a little quiet around here lately but got a fair few projects on my list still so will hopefully get started on them soon ☺️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects