Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cabinet Making Query

handyman_mossa
Finding My Feet

Cabinet Making Query

Hi Team,

Just wondering if there are any workshops/short courses for cabinet making for Kitchens and Built-in Wardrobes. (Or maybe Volunteering)

Near Gregory Hills or Sydney. 

Then to become a Handyman... do I need to be certified?. So I can basically be looking to move into other jobs away from office jobs.

I am very handy, completed a few home renovations projects during the pandemic and have knowledge of using power tools.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cabinet Making Query

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @handyman_mossa. We're pleased to have you join us and wish you all the very best with your new endeavours. 

Hopefully a helpful member like @ProjectPete, @LePallet or @Yorky88 might be able to give you some pointers, but as Workshop is primarily a D.I.Y. forum you might be best advised to make these kind of enquiries elsewhere. Perhaps TAFE or a professional builders forum?

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. It sounds like you have plenty of knowledge and experience to share with members. It would also be great if you could share some of your recent renovation projects - I'm sure members would love to see them. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I don't think there is a short cabinet making course available, there may be a DIY basics course available but based on what I have seen it is not worth it if you have done a reno yourself before.

If you are not breaching the building licence restrictions for where you are you can call yourself a handyman. Airtasker has an Ikea certified installer badge which you need to jump through a few hoops to obtain. Also there is home care providers who use handyman services. I look to be having a new client who will be almost full time needing peer support for life so I won't have to keep chasing work which does grate after a while.

Thank you for your response!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects