Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Brought life back to some vintage furniture

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Brought life back to some vintage furniture

One of my fav things to to with wifey is strip back and revive old furniture. Here's the latest one we've done. In this case I actually did it all and she just decorated it and took the photo haha.

dresser2.jpg

dresser1.jpg

dresser4.jpg

dresser3.jpg

finished.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Brought life back to some vintage furniture

@ProjectPete well done mate, you & Leah have excelled again in resourcefulness & talent. :smile:

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Looks great @ProjectPete, many thanks for sharing the project. What paint did you use?

I did 3 coats of primer followed by 3 coats of the coloured paint. I think the brand is Sherwyn Williams- Leah picked it up because of the colour which she couldnt find elsewhere. Normally we stick with Dulux.

Rolled it all on for a smooth finish.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Trying
Making a Splash

Greetings @ProjectPete. What a fab result. Well done guys - easy to see you've done this sort of work before. It looks great ! Cheers

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@ProjectPete, in another thread, Workshoppers are discussing trends that are tired. Your makeover is a perfect example of respecting the piece, avoiding in the face trendy glam, & resulting in a timeless treasure.

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I got given an old Partner's Desk that I'd love to attempt to restore, but don't have the confidence to do it :unhappy:
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Deanna, if you're not confident to jump into the deep end, then try doing the finish you'd like to use, either on a picture frame from an Op Shop, or a Craft Box from Bunnings:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?q=craft%20box&redirectFrom=Any

They make nice presents too. :smile:

If you're worried about your painting skills, then aerosol  spray paint will give you a beautiful, durable finish, & the colour/texture range is phenominal.

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks @Andy_Mann

Maybe I should get it valued before I even consider restoring it. I have no idea where to get that done.  I've looked it over and can't find a date or anything carved into it.  I'll grab a pic and share it  :smile:   

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Oooops, @Deanna, I just Googled Partner's desk, & they look pretty elaborate, with intricate carvings & exotic woods, so it'd be a tough restoration to take on, for sure. :embarassed:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects