Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

need help with kitchen floor gone rotten and floor people say it is got moister on the timber floor

burnman
Just Starting Out

need help with kitchen floor gone rotten and floor people say it is got moister on the timber floor

floor gone rotten and floor people say it is got moister on the timber floor cant be sanding the floor and it is 1962 house what can i do i try to find right timber i dont know how floor rotten water in timberfloor rotten water in timber545 002.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: need help with kitchen floor gone rotten and floor people say it is got moister on the timber fl

Thanks for your post @burnman and welcome to Workshop. I hope you get some great advice from our community members for this important project and many others in the future.

I have tagged one of our resident engineers @BIM_Engineer for you as he might be able to assist with some first steps.

Do you where the water problems have originated? Have they been addressed? It would obviously not be a good idea to replace the flooring without tackling the plumbing issues first. If you could provide a little more information I'm sure our members will be happy to assist in any way they can.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: need help with kitchen floor gone rotten and floor people say it is got moister on the timber fl

Hi @burnman
Thanks for the photos at a glance I would say the underfloor heating has caused Condensation->Moisture-> Rotting floorboards?
All floorboards will need to be Removed, Dried & Salvage what you can, Then try timber salvage yards, insulate between the joists, put down a Damp proof Membrane
before you put the new floor down. Watch this video here

i wouldnt worry about it soon because i wont live this house too long it will be demolished soon i just put nix nax on the floor

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects