Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

best glue for Dishwasher door panel

missjane
Finding My Feet

best glue for Dishwasher door panel

image.jpg

image.jpg

Need to repair Control Panel of double Fisher and pie cool dishwasher has come off I need the best glue to adhere it to the unit and to the front door

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: best glue for Dishwasher door panel

@missjane welcome to the Workshop community! Was the panel only glued on prior or have the fixings broke also?

My concern is what surfaces are being glued together and if the glue alone will hold up given it is also the handle.

I'm thinking a sikaflex-252-polyurethane-adhesive maybe your best option, as it is slightly flexible and strong.

Alternatively if there are two flat surfaces to glue together then a 2 part epoxy like Araldite may work, though it is a rigid glue and if there is not a lot of surface area it may snap and fail.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks for your reply I’m pretty sure it’s metal to metal and can possibly be plastic the Panel section was originally constructed and glued onto the basket and seems to slide into a slot then seems to be glued onto the front door panel which is only attached the basket by plastic sort of screws. I did finally get on to fisher and paykel they seem to be quite relaxed about going ahead with any type of glue as long as it’s waterproof and clear but I don’t think they were really that conscientious.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the extra detail @missjane. Great to see you getting assistance from the amazing @MitchellM.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We trust you'll have this dishwasher repaired in no time and that you'll get loads more helpful information, advice and inspiration for projects all over the house and garden from our clever and creative members. Feel free to post anytime you have something to share or need assistance. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@missjane I'd go with this sika adhevise/sealant in clear then.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/sika-290ml-sikaflex-112-crystal-clear-construction-adhesive_p0131777 

It's waterproof, adheres to plastics and metals.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects