Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

benchtop

harry
Just Starting Out

benchtop

Kitchen drawingKitchen drawing

Will $217 countertop charcoal pain kit will enough for this area and Ian that colour will b suitable for above  colour

thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: benchtop

Hi @harry,

A very warm welcome to Workshop. I trust that our community members will provide lots of great information and inspiration for your projects. We're really pleased you could join us. 

I take it you are planning to use this product? https://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-charcoal-countertop-transformation-kit_p1370053

According to this product page, the kit covers 50 square feet. There's details on how to measure your space here - Countertop Transformations Instuctions.

A paint expert at your local Bunnings store might be the most appropriate person to answer your question about the colour if Workshop community members can't assist. I see that there are three other colours available. 

Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mikedoeslife
Cultivating a Following

Keen to see how this works out. I've been thinking about painting our horrible fake granite laminated benches to hold us over until we're ready to tear it all out...
---
Graphic designer, motoring journalist, cyclist and lower-level but nonetheless tech-obsessed geek. Producer & News Editor with CarAdvice.com

You might be interested in this @mikedoeslife - How to paint a laminate benchtop.

Have you made any progress with your project, @harry?

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@harry and @mikedoeslife,

Just wondering whether you proceeded with your benchtop projects? If so, I thought you might be able to share your experiences with @emmakroberts on this discussion - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Kitchen/Painting-over-a-laminate-kitchen/td-p/20716

Thanks,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects