Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What do you think of mirrored splashbacks?

Kellie
Making a Splash

What do you think of mirrored splashbacks?

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on using a mirror as a splashback instead of glass or tiles.

Might give off more light and a feeling of space, but be difficult to keep clean?

Mirror.png

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What do you think of mirrored splashbacks?

Looks great as a display home...
If your going to use something like a coffee machine or microwave the back view of them isn't usually attractive.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Kellie, I don't see the attraction, based on our experience in our en-suite. Maybe we got a dud mirrored cabinet, but the encroaching black edges of the mirror isn't a good look. :sad:

I'm theorising that the hot humid environment that a mirrorr kitchen splashback would be exposed to, could bring on a similar outcome.

In any case, the knock out blow for me would be that If you think window cleaning's a chore, then keeping a mirror splashback pristine, would be an absolute nightmare.

This probably only relates to me, but I don't fancy myself in front of a mirror, let alone having my back to guests, & reflecting my pot belly. :shocked: :wink:

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

We have a glass splasback and it's easy to keep clean. I don't think a mirror would be any harder. But I don't think I want to see myself cooking. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects