Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall tile (subway style)

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Wall tile (subway style)

I'm working through prioritising my next round of renos and one job in particular is to remove my existing tile splashback and replace with subway style tiles, most likely up to the ceiling.

Has anyone done wall tiling before? Any suggestions? Tips? Tricks?

Also looking to have completely tiled walls in ensuite.

TIA
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wall tile (subway style)

Hi @ProjectPete,

A good challenge! @NickM gave a few pointers in this thread that you might want to have a look at - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Interiors/Tips-for-large-tile-adhesive/m-p/597 - and hopefully other community members will be able to assist. 

Also, have you seen this?

There's a lot of other tiling D.I.Y. videos on the Bunnings website that you might find helpful.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That's awesome! I always look at things from a very simplistic perspective. I just expect things to work.

Which can be good but can sometimes get me into trouble. Good to see this is as straight forward as I expected.
----------
Handy and helpful

This is the sort of look I'm going for. Bigger space, no sink just stove top and rangehood. So a slightly different layout but it's a good inspiration. 200 x 100 tiles.

subway tiles, shelves.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects