Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stone benchtop waterfall sides

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Stone benchtop waterfall sides

Hi all, wondering if any one has added waterfall sides (stone) to their existing stone benchtop.

I assume it's "easy enough" to cut the existing benchtop at a 45deg angle then fix the waterfall side to it.

If so, what did it cost to get done?

Cheers

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Stone benchtop waterfall sides

On new jobs I have heard that $650 extra when there was enough left of the slab to $2000+ when another slab is needed.

Normally they would wet cut the slab with a diamond blade and to do that you would need to take the top off adding to the labour cost. Dry cutting would have dust as an issue and I am not sure how well the top edge would be after?

If the overhang is right a simple butt joint may work out cheaper and easier even if it is not as trendy.

I can cut my own square laminate tops, so far that is good enough for me as the round edge cutting jig is expensive.

Simple no, first of all you have to make sure that the quartz or stone is still available and that the batch still matches your benchtops.
There is an art to cut these in situ and to have them fit correctly, you would be looking at over $1200 for the stone and to cut and fit it your your existing benchtop.

Anything can be done, just depends on what you wish to spend.

Thanks @Stone_Guru - ended up just paying the builder to do it. Cost more but less hassle.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects