Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recent Kitchen Re-fresh

Jess_1991
Growing in Experience

Recent Kitchen Re-fresh

IMG_7392.PNG
Jess_1991
Growing in Experience

Re: Recent Kitchen Re-fresh

IMG_7480.PNG

Jess_1991
Growing in Experience

IMG_7481.PNG

Jess_1991
Growing in Experience

IMG_7586.JPG

Jess_1991
Growing in Experience

This entire kitchen re-fresh cost less than $250 all from Bunnings :smile:

jkedwards
Just Starting Out

Looks great. Did you use the white knight products?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @jkedwards. I'm sure @Jess_1991 will be happy to respond as soon as possible about what products were used in the kitchen refresh.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. I hope you find it the source of much inspiration and plenty of helpful information. It would be great if you could share some of your own projects and plans. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jess_1991
Growing in Experience

Hi @jkedwards, Initially that is what i started with, but on the second part of the reno (the Fridge side).

I actually changed the Primer to Dulux Heavy Duty Precision, after having a discussion with someone else who has done renovations - it worked 100% better and required much less work.

For the bench side of the kitchen i was required to do the below process

- Wash doors & Dry Doors/Laminate

- Sand the Doors & wipe down sanding dust

- Dry the doors again and wait for them to dry out

- and then put the primer on (I had to do one coat - but coverage was average which meant i ended up coating the bench side with two coats of primers in some parts and with 3 top coats. And had to by an extra tin of both primer and top coat in the end.

When I used the Dulux precision primer, I did one primer coat and two coats of top coat (Using white knight)

Precision primer steps where to wash the laminate and dry it.

Then it was ready for primer

The dulux primer sticks to more surfaces and doesnt require sanding. (could have saved myself $100 and had my kitchen done for for $150).... Great learning process though.

Great tips @Jess_1991, many thanks for sharing. 

I've moved this thread from the gallery to our interiors board and featured it on our home page so more community members can see your fantastic work. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
trayzee67
Building a Reputation

Re: Recent Kitchen Re-fresh A A AMAZING.

Wow  its stunning, would love to get something like this to my Kitchen, except i have chipboard. sadley and lack of $$  , My home is over 60 years old, But Im IMPRESSED BIG TIME  , UNREAL JOB    Jess. . ps, did you post  Diy on  your Kitchen ? would love to see it .    Thanks again for Posting. Jess.

@Jess_1991 wrote:

This entire kitchen re-fresh cost less than $250 all from Bunnings :smile:

tj67

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects