Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Do you like to cook?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Do you like to cook?

We've previously had Workshop members swapping recipes on the site as well as barbecue techniques. There are clearly plenty of Workshop members who love to cook, particularly when they have access to their own home-grown produce.

But we understand not everyone loves to cook. For some it's more of a daily chore than a pleasure. 

In our latest poll, we ask whether you like to cook. Please register your vote on the front page. You might also like to join in the discussion below by telling us some of your favourite dishes to cook.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Poll: Do you like to cook?

It might be a chore for some, but four out of five Workshop members said they like to cook in our recent poll.

Feel free to share your favourite recipes with community members by replying below.

Jason

Cook.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
aly
Making a Splash

I absolutely love to cook! I was never real creative or confident in the kitchen until a couple of years ago when I started to learn a lot from friends and family. A few years later and my recipe book collection has grown and so has the appliances in our kitchen. I love using my slow cooker in particular. It's just soo easy to prep and to have dinner cooking at home while i'm at work makes things so simple and easy. My partner prefers to barbecue up a lot of meats and vegies so between the two of us we have a lot of variety in our diet and dinner activities. We also enjoy making meals from scratch including homemade pasta and tomato sauce. Here's a quick pic of some fettuccine we made a few weeks ago.

homemade pasta

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@aly

Is that a clothes drying rack that you're using? If so, great idea! Looks like lovely pasta.

aly
Making a Splash

It sure is @Isobel. Easy way to store and dry the pasta out. Have you made your own pasta before? We recently did our own gnocchi and it was amazing, so rewarding!

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I used to make gnocchi regularly and have a pasta maker but never used it much @aly. You might inspire me to give it another go!

aly
Making a Splash

We really only use our pasta maker every couple of months but we tend to make a decent batch each time and freeze the pasta so it lasts longer. Of course it's not as good as the fresh stuff but still well worth it. I hope i've inspired you @Isobel!

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Yes..... Love Cooking...... Trying/Making new recipes.......
aly
Making a Splash

What are your favourite dishes to cook @Super_D?

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Love cooking most things Home made Pizza including the dough, Stir Fries, Roasts, cheesecake but I loved cooking my Roast Lamb with Frozen Egg. I de-bone a leg of lamb then make some stuffing
and where the bone was put 2 Frozen eggs with there shells off then tie it up and but in the Weber as the lamb cook so did the eggs.....the yoke cooked perfectly and some of the whites of the egg marbled through the lamb........ it worked super......

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects