Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mixer Taps

janegold
Getting Established

Mixer Taps

Hi, my name is Jane and I am writing this as my Husband would be mortified if I seeked help lol. I have had a leaking mixer tap for ages and I watched a 'you tube' thing on how to fix them and I think that put my Husband off completely. What I would like to know is, is it cheaper to buy a new mixer tap or buy a new cylinder for it and try to fix it ourselves. We live in Whyalla but we are coming down to Adelaide this weekend and I would just like some advice whether to fix or buy another.

Cheers, Jane

janegold
Getting Established

Re: Mixer Taps

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our mixer tap but I dont know the make of the tap. I will look into it but most people are saying it is easier just to buy another one. Do you think this would be easier ?

Cheers, janegold

janegold
Getting Established

Re: Mixer Taps

I do know a Master Plumber who is my daughter's friend. He is in Bali at the moment so I might ask him to get one of his worker's to fix it because now we have a leaking toilet even though a Plumber told us that the thing he put in the toilet, we would never get a leak again. Okay things usually happen in 3's, so I wonder what is going to leak next ha ha.

Cheers, janegold

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects