Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen reno layout ideas - Kaboodle kitchen

clancy504
Growing in Experience

Kitchen reno layout ideas - Kaboodle kitchen

Hi, I’ve been reading lots of posts on here and everyone seems to be so helpful so thought I’d ask.  I’m after any help / feedback anyone wants to give please - I’m not very good at visualising things or making decisions 😀  

I’m looking at getting a Kaboodle kitchen and had them out for a consult- I like what they did, but am overthinking it all now as I have to make a final decision before ordering it. I’ve sort of decided on white gloss doors and a “Cinnamon” stone bench top. 
The space isn’t very big (3645 x 2685) and there’s not a whole lot of changes that can be made to the layout. I’ll attach a couple of pics so you can see what the existing kitchen is. 

The design they came up with is oven tower next to fridge, then a blind pantry next to it. Cooktop will move slightly to left so it’s centred on the bench. The little corner bench at the left hand end will go and bench will be a straight line with a couple of drawer units in instead of base cupboards. 

I’m undecided about the oven tower - the microwave part is at the top - I think it would sit about 153-183 cm high and I’m only 163cm tall and not sure if it might be hard to use. Has anyone used one that high?  But if I don’t use one I don’t know where I’d put the microwave (and I use it a lot) and I’d have to rethink everything. 

Also they suggested a range hood cabinet similar to what’s there already - Is there any reason they are higher than the other cabinets ? I think it would look better if the bottom of the range hood lined up with the bottom of the other cabinets but not sure if that’s possible. 
Sorry this is so long - thanks if you’ve read this far - & any feedback will be much appreciated. 

07CCF581-8E56-401A-B1EF-B84DA861B1D6.jpeg0BC4E7AD-1D85-4F00-A5D3-E0E09B8A6766.jpeg

Re: Kitchen reno layout ideas - Kaboodle kitchen

Yes, apologies I could not finish it in time. Will post soon.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@clancy504 

Just to keep this in perspective. When we take your pantry out your storage space doesn't disappear, it just gets moved around.

- By removing your pantry you get more bench top space. It no longer looks so crowded.

- The cabinet next to the oven tower is now the storage space. But what about the rest of the storage space?

- By using your other wall we can put wall cabinets which now serve as storage space. The cabinets next to the washing machine also serve as storage. You also have the choice of turning it into 2 drawer for pots n pans or a 3 drawer base cabinet which gives more flexibility for storage. I hope this helps with your decision making. Drop me a line if you have any more questions. Cheers! Oh and yes I've adjusted the wall size to your specifications , should you show this to your designer I'm sure he will understand and can modify your drawing appropriately and make it fit.

c1.jpgc2.jpgc3.jpgc4.jpgc5.jpgc6.jpgc7.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

clancy504
Growing in Experience

Sorry about the delay - I just wanted to thank you for all your help - am almost ready to do this now. 

I am glad you have decided. I hope you got everything you requested for. The lower oven and microwave. Plus more benchtop. Please post what have decided to go with.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

As per council regulations on fire safety, your rangehood can't be lower than 600 mm but please feel free to check on this fact as it has only been passed on to me by other designers.

Interesting that a certain online kitchen design app will let me put a range hood much lower than 600mm in spite of the Australian and New Zealand Standards stating -

“Overhead clearances~Range hoods and exhaust fans shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s relevant instructions. However, in no case shall the clearance between the highest part of the hob of the gas cooking appliance and a range hood be less than 600 mm or, for an overhead exhaust fan, 750 mm. Any other downward facing combustible surface less than 600 mm above the highest part of the hob shall be protected for the full width and depth of the cooking surface area in accordance with Clause 6.10.1.2″.

If the rangehood is being installed above a domestic BBQ, a minimum height of 1200mm is required. The minimum height is much higher due to the higher cooking temperatures of a BBQ and grease content of the food being cooked.

Councils may have picked the commercial standards for gas which is 1050mm.

Many thanks for the update @clancy504. We're looking forward to seeing your new kitchen come together. Very exciting!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@clancy504 have they started yet? Very keen to see progress.

clancy504
Growing in Experience

Die to start in a few weeks so will try and put pics once done

As usual @redracer01 amazing pictures/designs.  Have no idea how long ago these were posted.  BUT they look great.

I am trying to do a bit in my kitchen and while looking for inspiration, I found your designs... and just wanted to let you know how good they are..

Cheers

Old Gal  

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @clancy504,

I hop you had a fine start to your new year. I would lile to inquire if they have finished installing your kitchen? Any update photos would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects