Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen Reno

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Kitchen Reno

When we first looked at this house, we thought it had everything we needed, but.....

Kitchen original.jpg

... plum purple bench tops, floating laminate flooring (which was delaminating due to a dishwasher leak) and only 1 powerpoint.  Commence reno...

kitchen reno.jpg

Off came the tiles, dishwasher leak fixed, tiled floor, trimmed bench (I just couldn't get the jarrah to bend around, installed more powerpoints, put up the pot shelves and got rid of the empty Jack Daniels bottle.

Kitchen finished1.jpg

New laminate, jarrah trim and new appliances (Harvey Norman had a hugh sale on).  We decided on the pot shelves as it would have cost in excess of $2000 for overhead cupboards.  On the bright side, Deb loves them because it has freed up heaps of space in the underside cupboards, and she can just grab whatever pot she needs (I do cook occasionally).

Kitchen finished.jpg

I have since made a microwave shelf to match the benchtops utilising the existing brackets.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Kitchen Reno

@darylhewston

Daz mate

Well done mate, I love the rangehood, your tiling, & the lighting that you've added (working in your own shadow wouldn't have been good).

My only suggestion, would be to change the orientation of your drive through take away set up. It'd be more convenient for your customers, & a lot safer for you if they weren't aiming at your back door (pic #4), for their drive through. : P

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects