Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen Door fronts

Harry1970
Finding My Feet

Kitchen Door fronts

Hi Guys,

Just need a bit of advice as to the easiest way of transforming the old 80's look cupboard door fronts to something new. I was thinking of a spray paint? Dont want to replace the doors completely as they are still in excellent condition.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Kitchen Door fronts

I recommend workshop member @ProjectPete's magical kitchen makeover. Its an inspiring make over without the atronomical price involved with kitchen make overs. Theres also White Knight laminate paint from Bunnings that should work on those doors and give it a new look!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Harry1970,

A very warm welcome to Workshop. We're thrilled you could join us and trust you'll receive loads of helpful advice from our community members, both for this project and many others to come in future. 

The @ProjectPete project that @redracer01 was referring to can be found here - 80s kitchen reno on a budget. Other members might also be happy to share their suggestions. Please let us know how you go with it - some before and after photos would be great!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Harry1970 and thanks for the shout out @redracer01. White Knight Laminate Paint is the product. Bit of prep/time involved so be ready for that. Great result though!

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Thanks guys, great help. Will be tackling that one soon.

Chat again shortly

Great, thanks @Harry1970. We look forward to seeing the results.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RohanH
Building a Reputation

I have recently done just this! 80s kitchen cabinetry vs White Knight laminate paint - will post results soon and let you know how it went

RohanH
Building a Reputation

Hi @Harry1970

This is with zero previous experience with painting/other DIY things. Almost everything that can be WhiteKnight'd has been WhiteKnight'd

Clearly the base cabinets could do with a few more coats..Clearly the base cabinets could do with a few more coats..

@RohanH. That looks great. Is that the same treatment to the benchtop too? If so, thats exactly what I need here.

Will send thru' photos once omplete.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects