Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kaboodle kitchen installation for investment unit

Kev
Building a Reputation

Kaboodle kitchen installation for investment unit

Hi everyone,

Well a couple of years ago I decided to completely renovate our investment unit in my spare time (after our 'tenants' wrecked it - that's another story) and I over estimated how much spare time I really didn't have. Between my fulltime job and our weekend business (a successful mobile woodfired pizza catering business called Pizza2U, I don't really have that much spare time)

A part of the renovations were to engage Bunnings to measure up a Kaboodle kitchen - sounded easy :smile: and we got the price back when we purchased the 'kitchen' - nice!

It was mostly good, with some items not required and some other items needing to be purchased to complete it. Best part of this was the ability to return unwanted bits to Bunnings (yes, I had some bits laying around for a considerable time!)

The kitchen was complimented with a cooktop, oven and extraction fan from Bunnings. The Smeg dishwasher was sourced from elsewhere.

It was a complete renovation, even down to new door hinges, new power points, new light switches (& LED lights) and most of it was sourced from Bunnings (ideal location and pretty good price) There were many trips made to and from Bunnings to get the bits, return unwanted bits and then getting more bits - it seemed endless!

Long story short - My project is finally done! and just to tidy up the courtyard, we visited Bunnings again for the items required. (Fencing materials, concrete, stirrups, palings, paint, pavers, mulch etc)

There were a few things that were customised (pantry lighting, under bench and kickboard lighting in the kitchen) that couldn't be purchased locally - thanks ebay! But it has all come to an end now :smile:

You can see the final result of the project here (yes, we've put it on the market to sell and this is easier than attaching pictures)

https://www.allhomes.com.au/sale/17-51-totterdell-street-belconnen-canberra-176695661

Onwards and upwards - back to my own home to finish the rain water tank project (21kL storage off 200m2 catchment), carports, rear entertainment deck and catch up with a couple of years maintenance that has slipped during the above project...

Cheers!

Kev

Kitchen1.pngKitchen2.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kaboodle kitchen installation for investment unit

Congratulations on the fantastic renovation work, and on the sale @Kev!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sez
Building a Reputation

Looks great. I’m in the process of picking who to go to with the kitchen. Kaboodle or Ikea! 

Diva
Finding My Feet

Nice work! I feel like it might be worth my checking out the Kaboodle option 😊

aaronwier
Cultivating a Following

Looks great! We are about to look at Kaboodle kitchens. How did you find assembly and install?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Diva,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us. Are you planning your own kitchen renovation project? Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. We have amazing members sharing helpful advice and inspiring projects on the site every day, so we're sure our community will be a great resource to you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects