Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Itai's Reno - Kitchen

Itai
Junior Contributor

Re: Itai's Reno - Kitchen

Yeah ok. I thought Bunnings just paid to advertise on here :cheeky:

Good to know though, cause I have plenty of questions about non-kitchen bunnings stuff too which I will ask when I get to them!

Highlighted
redracer01
Valued Contributor

I totally agree ikea has a lot more sizes. Having had look at your floor plan you deffinitely have the room now that you have taken out that portruding wall near the fridge. The island should fit very well in that space. I saw some online ceiling rangehoods might be worth having a look just to compare prices. I still vote for the separate island as it gives you much better flow in the kitchen.  Looking forward to the build and please post updates. We would love to see your kitchen and house renovations from start to finish.

Itai
Junior Contributor

Thanks @redracer01 

While Ikea has many sizes, they don't have it all. And vise versa for bunnings. I like the 30cm deep cupboards from bunnings for the island, and also the shorter blind corner (Ikea's is 128). In an ideal world, I could just use both companies together to build the kitchen exactly how I want! Once I get started with the Kitchen, hopefully in Jan, I'll post some pics :smile:

Also, thanks for your advice on vacuum laminated being tougher. I had no idea. They do both look great, but everyone raves about 2pac. Though I don't have any special colour choices, so would be happy with vacuum laminated, especially if it's tougher. Interesting what you said about Satin being akin to marks, I would've thought gloss gets marks more easily?

Regards

Itai

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects