Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

It's amazing the difference a coat of paint makes

Walter

It's amazing the difference a coat of paint makes

As I have previously mentioned, I'm completely useless at general DIY. Give me a circuit board, or things related to 'puters and I'm good.

So my wife went off to Hawaii on a shopping/ tourist holiday with sisters and niece. While she is gone, I decided to surprise her with some kitchen renovations- basically a new paint job.

So I knew basically what I wanted to do, which was get the walls cleaned, painted white, and find something useful to do with the wasted space above the stove, which has always bothered me.  I was thinking of a mural/picture.

I figured if I screwed up, I would have enough time to get my mate to fix up any mess I make.  So this was my first solo effort.

So I watched the Bunnings videos, popped over to my local store (Warrawong), and they helped me pick out all of the tools I needed, and gave great advice.  The paint job went well (so far I've just done the bare walls and the surrounds. The cupboards come next), but I thought I would share what one part looks like after I braved the heavy rain today and bought a shelf and paper towel rail which I decided would be best for that blank space above the stove. Yes, the horrible blue on the cupboard door to the right is awful.  Those doors are coming down, being sanded back and repainted - NEXT :laugh:

Be nice, this is the first time I've flown solo, and yes, I do notice the defect on the wall. That was the reason I was going to do a mural.  I'm going to put up some covering there next.  It shows up because we had a small fire on the stovetop - not my fault :cheeky:

IMG_20181128_132200.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: It's amazing the difference a coat of paint makes

Good job @Walter, looking forward to seeing part two of the project. :smile:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects