Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for renovation of my kitchen please

Muzoconnor
Getting Established

Ideas for renovation of my kitchen please

My kitchen needs a complete makeover, the chimney has come away from the house and I want to put a window in that area with a sink underneath.  Three doors come off this kitchen and I would like to have an island bar but happy for any suggestions.  I have tried to use the template online in bunnings without much success.  Stilll want the wall oven and will keep the hotplate which are only 2 years old.

4.2 metres x 5.2 meters. size.  My husband Myrtle to do the bench tops.  The kitchen has a skylight as it was dark in the centre of the house.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.From lounge door down left sideFrom lounge door down left sideLounge door to right sideLounge door to right sidePassage door leftPassage door leftWindow across kitchen rightWindow across kitchen rightWindow across leftWindow across left

Re: Ideas for renovation of my kitchen please

@Muzoconnor 

In relation to the map you have drawn. Where is the lounge located? Can you please draw its size as well. Thanks.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

We have decided not to knock out the wall into the lounge due to us being empty nesters we don't use that end of the house except when we have visitors. During the colder weather we use a wood heater and it warms the half we live in.
I really like your plan you sent through so working with Bunnings for a quote, which looks like around $10,000, roughly. We have a corner where the freezer and filing cabinet is we will use for a walk in pantry and apart from that will go with your plan. Thank you very much.
What would you recommend for a splash back glass or polymer?

If you are open to the idea, I suggest subway tiles with white grout. It should compliment the doors I've drawn for you. Gives it a nice european feel without the european price tag. I also suggest LED lighting strips under the wall cabinets. Gives it excellent mood lighting at night and is not so harsh to the eyes. Just remember to seal the grout after it is dry and it should prevent grease from settling in.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

WOW @redracer01  you are a very clever fellow.  And a handy to have in ones little address book of contacts if wanting an awesome kitchen designed for them.

:smile:

Thank you so much!

Have a peek at @nzroundz kitchen. I just finished my design suggestions for her kitchen!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects