Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipes

aly
Making a Splash

Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipes

I tried my hand at making homemade fettucine pasta yesterday and am dying to cook it up for dinner tonight. I’ve decided to go with a simple creamy smoked salmon sauce. What’s your favourite homemade pasta sauce recipe?

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipes

@aly, well done for having a go at making your own pasta. Everyone that does it are won over by it's silky texture, & fast cooking times.

The creamy smoked salmon sauce sounds like a perfect foodie indulgence. *drool emoticon

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

My favourite is very simple. Just fry up some bacon, add some mushrooms and spring onions, then cream or sour cream, a splash of white wine or white wine vinegar and plenty of Parmesan. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

It's hard to beat a simple bolognese. But for a twist try using lamb mince and make into meat balls. Crumble in some feta, breadcrumbs, an egg, some mint, as well as tomato sauce and dijon mustard. Once you've fried the meat balls add them to a simple tomato-based sauce. 

aly
Making a Splash

That sounds delicious Cath, will have to give that recipe a go sometime - cheers!
aly
Making a Splash

This weekend we're going to try amatriciana sauce with our fettuccine - maybe throw in some chorizo instead of prosciutto!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects