Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Corner cupboard double hinge issue

chrisn
Finding My Feet

Corner cupboard double hinge issue

Hi

I had to replace what I thought was a faulty hinge on the door of internal corner cupboard of my kitchen cabinets, so I removed the hinge. It seems OK though. However it is also in the closed position and I don't know how to open the hinge in order to put it back. Can someone help me please?

Here are the photos of the hinge20200114_153419.jpg

20200114_153429.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Corner cupboard double hinge issue

I suggest placing the base plate back on the cupboard and screw in firmly but not overly tight. Get the hinge and clip it back on to the base plate. Now looking at the hinge imagine the door is on. The door front plate will only swing in one direction. Firmly grasp with thumb and pointing finger ( both hands ) and swing the hinge open. I'm quite sure theres a video on it in youtube. Good luck!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chrisn,

I hope @redracer01's suggestion does the trick. Please let us know how you go with it. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. I'm sure you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration for all manner of work around the house and garden from our amazing community members. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need assistance or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@chrisn I'd agree with @redracer01 , if that doesn't work head into your local Bunnings and ask them if someone can open it for you. You can open them by hand but you need to know which direction to apply force in.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

chrisn
Finding My Feet

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. :smile:

chrisn
Finding My Feet

Thank you for your help. I did what was suggested but couldn't attach the hinge to the bracket. I took it off again and attached it to the hinge. I pushed and pulled and eventually got it off. Thanks guys, all help is appreciated. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects