Workshop
Ask a question

Rechargeable Batteries Suggestions

macsmum07
Growing in Experience

Rechargeable Batteries Suggestions

Hi There!

I'm looking to purchase some rechargeable batteries and was wondering if someone could recommend a good brand? 

Thanks

MM 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rechargeable Batteries Suggestions

Good topic @macsmum07. I'm sure there are plenty of Workshop members who are interested in this topic, and plenty who are happy to share their experiences.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's great to have you join us. I trust that you will find lots of helpful advice, information and inspiration on the site. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from Workshop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

I've had a bunch of Varta Charge and Go batteries for a long while now that have been really good. The charger is quick and the batteries have a decent lifespan. People also used to rave about eneloops but I've never tried them. 

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

@macsmum07

Looks like this is the successor to my old one at home - Varta Ultra Fast AA/AAA LCD Battery Charger. There's a local review here - https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/10/varta-ultra-fast-battery-charger-australian-review/

I reckon a fast charger is a must as batteries are always flat when you need them!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@macsmum07@MartyH

There are a lot of Eneloop zealots on Ozbargain. 

Whatever you end up choosing, make sure your charger has the capacity to operate all slots independently and can rejuvenate old batteries. A display that can show the life of each battery is also important.

macsmum07
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the warm welcome @Jason.

Thanks for the suggestions @MartyH @Kermit. I need them mainly for TV remotes, wireless computer mouse and a Furby LOL I was eyeing up the Varta ones at my local Bunnings.

Eneloops are always a good choice nobody regrets buying, buy a good charger as well that's suited to your needs.

Thanks for joining in the discussion @johncitizen. And a very warm welcome to Workshop. I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful advice and inspiration from our community members. Please don't hestitate to post again and share your projects and plans. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects