Workshop
Ask a question

Power point on island bench - yay or nay?

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Power point on island bench - yay or nay?

What does everyone think about putting a power point on the island bench? I can see it would be convenient, but it can spoil the look of the stone. What do you think?

5d658515a95cb6c0f042e7cb9784a9d874456631_450.png

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Power point on island bench - yay or nay?

Nay. Prefer the clean lines. If you are desperate for a power point I'd hide it underneath.  

KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

I had one in my last house and it was super useful! Great for baking...

We did not have a waterfall bench though...it was just build into the end panel of the cabinetry.

@RenoQueen - I'd say yay, but I'd go for something different. Have you seen the pop-up powerboards that you install in the top of your bench? It'll mean you can retain the clean look of your island bench whilst still having the convenience of the powerboard when you need it.

pop-up-powerboard.jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Yay for convenience
Nay for aesthetics

Hide it underneath?
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

i bought the pop up for my alfresco BBQ bench ( in the process of building it now )
i also have a kitchen island bench, my power-points are at each end under the overhang, where the seats are, you cant see them or hit them with your knees. i'm very happy withe the location although, you do have to crouch down to plug it in.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Dennis. It would be great to see some photos of what you have done if you are able to share them.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects, particularly your new barbecue bench.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Helen
Having an Impact

That could be useful, what about the cost?

Helen
Having an Impact

Yes, I would like to see some photos also.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects