Workshop
Ask a question

Poll: What do you use your spare room for?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: What do you use your spare room for?

We're not fortunate enough to have a spare room in our house, but it's probably just as well. I can imagine it quickly accumulating junk. 

Our latest poll asks whether you put your spare room to better use. Perhaps it's dedicated to your favourite hobby, is your home office, or a playroom for the kids?

The poll can be found on the Workshop site's home page. Please add your vote and feel free to further the discussion by replying below. 

What do you use your spare room for?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Poll: What do you use your spare room for?

Office then with the small kitchen it doubles as pantry as well.

Desk faces the wrong way according to her who knows about this stuff...
Oldfart
Having an Impact

I use my spare bedroom as a home for my electronic drum kit. Imagine, if you will, a rotund 69 year old playing along to Santana music. Maybe better not to imagine it.
jude46
Just Starting Out

I use my spare room for the grandkids when they visit and any projects I may have on the go

MinQLD
Just Starting Out

I use our spare room as an office / reading room. As it is rather small and I did not like the idea of losing too much floor space to a desk, I converted the built in wardrobe into the office. The filing cabinet fits in nicely as does the desk. I have utilised the inside of the doors by installing wire racking, the whiteboard is attached to the back wall and the side wall has storage spots too with small storage totes installed to keep everything tidy. I can the shut the door on the office and sit in the rocking chair and read in peace without having to look at the desk and work I am ignoring.
janegold
Getting Established

A study but I have a fold out couch that is a double bed. Both of my Daughter's live elsewhere so I have to make sure there is the Guest Room and the Study room. They usually take turns with who gets the luxurious queen bed and the Sofa bed ha ha.

Cheers, Jane

Prof
Becoming a Leader

My spare room is currently being converted to a Home Cinema!
TrevorA
Just Starting Out

My spare room has been converted into a walk in wardrobe and linen press. Its nice to have a space you can choose your clothes from, especially as a shift worker, I don't have to disturb anyone else while I get ready.
Leoni
Just Starting Out

As a guest room mostly. But also as an overflow room for items to be sorted and stored properly.
Hamish
Just Starting Out

I use it for a home office with assorted clutter. Kids also have a computer in there for games etc.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects