Workshop
Ask a question

Marquee speckled white laminate benchtop finish

teags
Just Starting Out

Marquee speckled white laminate benchtop finish

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can tell me what kind of finish the Marquee speckled white laminate benchtop from Bunnings is supposed to be? At first I thought it was supposed to be smooth and shiny, however, as I was taking the protective layer off I ended up with a little patch that feels rough. Some of what I assume is the plastic around this area is still coming away but more difficult to get off, and I can't see where to take this off on any other part of the bench, so I'm not sure if it's part of the protective film or actually something that is meant to remain on the benchtop. I'm sure I'm not explaining this very well. Basically I just need to know if it's meant to be smooth or rough. I can't find anything online and there's no explanation/ description in the pack.

Thanks guys

Bunnings
Customer Service
Customer Service

Re: Marquee speckled white laminate benchtop finish

Thanks for your post @teags. We would be happy to assist you. We have sent you a private message to obtain your contact details so we can organise for one of the team to get in touch. 

beoxy
Just Starting Out

How did you go, get an answer, I'm wondering the same thing. The spare strip sent with the benctop, had a flap of this plastic hanging extra by around 20mm, so it does appear to be a protective covering that needs removal.

Can you confirm before I screw it in place please.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@beoxy

Thanks for joining in the discussion and very warm welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of inspiration and advice for your projects from community members. In this case however it might be best to contact the store you purchased the benchtop from for specific instructions before you proceed with installation. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects