Workshop
Ask a question

DIY photo frame to pin photographs

Dilini86
Just Starting Out

DIY photo frame to pin photographs

I have a feature wall in my living room and want to place a large Cork board so that I can pin up PhotoGraphs of friends and family. Where can I get a large cork board? I would ideally like a frame around it as well (no glass but just a wooden border) any suggestions on how to get this done? Thanks so much 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY photo frame to pin photographs

Sounds like a fantastic project @Dilini86. I'm sure Workshop community members will be able to share some suggestions and advice for you.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's wonderful to have you join us. I'm looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@Dilini86

Bunnings has square cork tiles that you could use to make a board as big as you like - https://www.bunnings.com.au/305-x-305-x-6mm-natural-cork-tile-6-pack_p6690244

You could then build a simple frame around it - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/planning-and-projects/how-to-make-a-diy-pict...

How big were you thinking? I'm sure it could look great. 

Great thinking @Isobel! Very practical use of tiles for a customer size :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
kel
Making a Splash

hi dillni86.
i regularly build frames for my partners paintings,i use 19mmx 12mm tasmanian oak which i coat with esterpol once the frame is made.i use L brackets and a bit of glue and the job is done,quick,easy and inexpensive.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects