Workshop
Ask a question

What tools do you use the most?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What tools do you use the most?

Measure.pngI was having a chat to a friend recently about tools. His philosophy was that he was always happy to pay a little extra for quality so that the tool will last.

But one thing he sometimes struggled with was not really knowing how much use he will get out of a tool until he buys it. For example, he didn't realise how fantastic multifunction tools are until he bought one. He now wishes he bought an 18V tool rather than the 12V version. 

The conversation prompted me to think about the tools that get the most use in my house. What tools do you use the most?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: What tools do you use the most?

It would have to be Allen keys. They are now needed to put together everything. I finally bought a decent set. Should have done it years ago as the ones that you get "in the box" are too often flimsy and inadequate. 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I find more use for my 18v multi tool than the old corded one I have.

In no order multi tool, 10.8v vacuum, table saw, ceiling props, digital measurer and flooring kit.

Used a fair bit 18v impact driver and 18v saber saw.

Upcoming brad and framing nailer, router table, compressor ( for the nailers ) mitre saw, 18v drill, digital angle finder, cross laser and deck jig and clamps.

Things not used much but save a lot of pain 10.8v angle drill, 18v metal circular saw, 10.8v mini circular saw and 18v sds drill.
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I have a traditional set of allen keys but now use an impact set of 3mm to 8mm.

Left off the 18v angle grinder and sander from my not used a lot but still usefull tools...

Added a palm router and radio charger today to the stuff list.

Joker
Having an Impact

Does a lawnmower count? Or actually, it's probably the vaccuum for the pool. I have to use that a lot more than I'd like.

Maybe the question should be what tool you enjoy using the most... 

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

My humble tape measure.

Cordless drill, impact driver and orbital sander for me.
Branchy249
Cultivating a Following

I'm a gardening person - so i would say a good shovel/spade and a good solid wheelbarrow
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joker

I went to vacuum the pool on the weekend and discovered a dead rat in the skimmer box. I did not enjoy getting it out...

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ColR
Growing in Experience

My tape measure is used so much I often have it in my pocket.  Measuring bits of timber, places to put them, and, my regular use is for my table saw.

The original decades old tritan table saw came via my father in law who has no use for it these days.  I gave it a serious work out when I set it up a while back, but the circular saw died.  So I replaced it when I needed some lengths of lumber ripped down accurately.  Did that job in a rush which resulted in the saw blade being off centre.  My workaround is to measure off the ends of the blade and to clamp a straight edge to the table.  

I really should spend some time to properly align the blade.  However, the fence is cactus so I'd hav eto clamp down a straight edge anyway.  The additional second to measure off the blade ends is really neither here nor there, although I do this a lot.  I'm getting surprisingly accurate these days.

My other fav tool is my cordless drill.  Driving screws in and pulling screws out of timber has never been so easy.  Can't believe I ever thought I would need all those manual screwdrivers.

cheers

Col

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects