Workshop
Ask a question

What's the best thing you've ever made?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's the best thing you've ever made?

At Workshop we love to encourage everyone to have a go, and to celebrate a successful project. 

We're keen to hear from you about the best thing you've ever made. 

Don't be shy, even if you're a beginner in the world of D.I.Y. you can be proud of what you've achieved.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

GlovesCloseUp.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Annette
Making a Splash

Re: What's the best thing you've ever made?

Sadly I don't think I have actually built anything myself (Hubby does all that sort of stuff) but below is a picture of one of the best things I ever made - a cheesecake with toffee shards for Christmas Day 2015.

Cheesecake with toffee shards.jpg

I think I've posted about my arcade machine build before, which is a damn close second.

But the best thing probably goes to its close relative, the mini-cade, that I made up as a gift for my best man.  It was a hard one to give away.

mini-cade.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @Mick0s. I still have a cocktail machine on my to-do list. Not sure if I will ever get to it. Maybe you should go into business selling them? :bigsmile:

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Best thing I have ever made. Oh dear .. going to sound "vain" .. everything I have made. Am proud of my achievements (even some of the "failed" ones). hahahaha. I just love "having a go" as we Australians say .. Av-a-go Mate!
I suppose my best .. the silver and costume jewellery I make. Have won some awards for same.
I am a "Jack of all trades" .. especially in the Arts-n-Crafts area. Tried and still do most. too many to mention (being lazy here). Some relaxing - some keep me fit.

Congrats!  I am not a "sweet" maker.  Made packet scones once .. had the best "Rock Cakes" in NSW.     :shocked:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@BibbyKat, packet scones??? REALLY??? :shocked: :shocked: WHAAAAAT!!!

On the plus side, Rock Cakes are brilliant, & best in NSW is mightily impressive, so I grant you the perpetual award, for innovation, & for thinking outside the box.

So how did you do it, did you leave out the milk, or was it the butter, or was it both? :cheeky:

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Check out this - I wish I had made it! Can crusher built into this guy's man cave wall. 

Crusher.png

I can't embed the video here - check it out at https://www.facebook.com/sean.nicholas.779/videos/10155007748770376/

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Made a couple of can crushers, bit bigger than that though.

image.png

Made about 100 of these though.

image.png

It has changed a bit since I made them 20 years ago.

At home will pick the front gates but they need new hinges now and a paint.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Nice work @Brad. What profession are you in?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects