Workshop
Ask a question

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

You might need to try uploading that photo again @Baretta11. Let me know if you need a hand.

Jason

@Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for letting me know, I wondered why I couldn't see it ha-ha

Hadn't positioned the curser at the end of my text!!

cheers,

Barbara

No problems @Baretta11. Thanks for sharing.

Jason

Kev
Building a Reputation

Hey everybody,
I'm Kev and I have a variety of skills.
I've replied to another post and joined the group.
I have extremely limited time in life as I work full time (Mon-Fri) and run a woodfired Pizza business on weekends (which normally takes up most of my spare time)
Lately, I've been repairing our investment unit (which our last tenants wrecked) - it is my 'Good Samaritan Tax' - we rented to a single mum with two kids, dropped the rent for her and didn't ask for a bond - BIG MISTAKE! Long story, short answer is it will cost us about $30k
But we live and we learn :smile: keep smiling for life is for enjoyment :smile:
As mentioned, I have a variety of skills, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering and general life skills.
Would love to have a major interaction with the group, but my belief is that I won't have much time to do so.
So, I'll have to cherry pick the posts to give my input and from time to time, ask questions from the group to improve my skillsets.
BTW, It's a snag sanger - Aussie way of life and supported by Bunnings and charity groups - so good to grab a snack on the weekends and continue rockin'
Cheers,
Kev

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for introducing yourself and another big welcome to you @Kev. We'd love to have you joining in the discussions and sharing your expertise as often as you can.

Looking forward to reading more about your projects.

Thanks again,

Jason

Catherine1
Getting Established

Hi Catherine here from WA I'm partially buying an ex homes west rental and need a labotamy. Barely able to keep up with maintenance, actually that's not true its lagging severely. Blessed with two children grown up. 3 by 1 brick and tile. I have heaps of tools from garage sales and stiff given to me but have no idea how to use them. ATM trying to hang doors, thought it was going to be easy. NO .... I bought 4 second hand doors. Long story short went to bunnings and bought new latches etc. I have everything but wood plane. Once I have my plane hoping this site will help. 

I'm sure the Workshop community will be more than happy to help with any advice you need @Catherine1. We have many members happy to share their experience and knowledge with others. Feel free to start a new discussion anytime you need a hand.

Thanks for introducing yourself. It's lovely to have you join us. Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Welcome.

Jason

Hi Everyone,
My name is Peter. I'll give pretty much anything a go when it comes to DIY. Painting, house maintenance, building projects. I have a workshop in the backyard, 6x4 shed, should have bought a bigger one. My next project will be making 2 console [xbox] desks for my two boys. My idea is to make the desks with storage and mount the tv screens on a backboard so they are not on the desk top.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter (@stewy64),

Great to have you join us. Love your can-do attitude. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine in the Workshop community! 

It would be great if you could document that Xbox project for us. I'm sure it will inspire other community members. You might also get some advice and suggestions from others as you go. I'd encourage you to click on the Start a discussion button and kick off with a post about your plans. You can also add photos along the way. It sounds like a fantastic project.

Welcome aboard, and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Hi all,
I'm a gardener, horticulturist, serious DIY'er & very into practical sustainability.
My main gig is what back in ye olden days would have been described as a 'journalist' but these days it's 'multimedia communicator' as I write, photograph, create video & on-line content etc.
Trying (once certifiers & council get their collective acts together...) to embark on my biggest DIY yet... owner-builder on a reno & extension of our home...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects