Workshop
Ask a question

Best and worst presents you've received

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Best and worst presents you've received

The festive season is rapidly approaching and shopping centres are jam packed with people scrambling for last-minute gifts.

Unfortunately they don't always get it right...

Today I'm keen to hear what are the best and worst gifts you've ever received?

Jason

Present.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: Best and worst presents you've received

My best gift ever was a GameBoy Colour for Christmas 1998. I can't even count how many hours of pure joy I got out of that thing. 

My worst gift ever... hmm... I'm going to cheat here and use my brother as an example. Every year, without fail, my aunty would give my little brother the latest edition of the Guiness Book of World Records. Nobody knows where she got this idea that he loved world records, but it provided us with a laugh every Christmas.

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

Easy answer. My best and worst present was one and the same. It was actually for my birthday.  

My partner for gave me a card that he didn't write in. It was just bank. Worst present as it was blank, but best present as not only does it make us laugh every time we talk about it, but he has stepped up his game ever since (for every occasion)!! 

reminder.jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Hard to pick my best but it'd be either my PS4, skydiving ticket, or flights to Bali.

Worst gift came from my not-so-bright Ex who got me a "new phone" on a contract. She did pay the first month but I was stuck paying $70 a month for the next 23 months. The gift that keeps on taking.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

My mother in law got a 60th birthday card from her niece that said:

In life, you're either the hammer or the nail so on your birthday the question becomes....

Would you rather get hammered or nailed?

Awkward Seal

It also came with a cheque for $25 - I'm not sure what the cheque was supposed to be for...

cupofchloe
Having an Impact

My engagement ring was the best Christmas present I ever received! My worst gift would probably be a tea towel or one of the books I have received about how to be a 'good' wife/woman! 
408826_10150551137861073_1790471749_n.jpg

Annette
Making a Splash

My best present was from my husband for my birthday. It was a "planes, trains and automobiles" trip as depicted on the outside of the envelope he gave me. In February 2006 we travelled from Canberra to Sydney by train, stayed overnight in Sydney, climbed the Sydney Harbour bridge, then caught the Spirit of Tasmania to Devonport. We then hired a car and drove around Tassie for 12 days and then caught a plane from Launceston to Melbourne where we stayed overnight and then flew back to Canberra. Tassie would have to be one of Australia's best kept secrets and I thoroughly recommend it. I loved every minute of it.

My worst present was from our son when we were flying from Australia to America in June 2000 for a 5 week holiday. Before boarding the plane he gave me one of those air flight disaster novels - needless to say I never read it. Where did I go wrong in raising this child of mine? :shocked:

BibbyKat
Having an Impact

I can honestly say I cannot really think of anything .. either both best or worst present ever received.

I have loved everything .. because I appreciate and love that I was thought of.   Am rather a sentalmentalist!

However, I think the best would be both my engagement/wedding rings .. if one can calll them "presents"  Lost both husbands through sickness!  Still wear them at times together with my Mother's engagement ring (her gold wedding ring stays on  and is never taken off on my left little finger).

The worst .. the present was not the wort but what was in the packaging was .. whilst being wrapped, my firends cat was sick.  She did not notice at the time ... need I go on??  hahahaha

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Nothing says "I love you" like cat puke. :laugh:

hahahahahahahaha   ... love your comment.

Going to mention this at lunch with friends today.

hahahahahaha   .. your spot on too 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects