Workshop
Ask a question

Mowing lawn against Super 6 fence

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

Mowing lawn against Super 6 fence

So my house has old asbestos super 6 fencing with lawn growing up against it, It is getting really annoying snipping against the fence wiith scissors as i dont want to hit the fence with the whipper snipper. Does anyone have any ideas on how to control it growing against the fence? I was going to concrete against the fence but the sprinklers are right there also. Thanks

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

Re: Mowning lawn agains super 6 fence

That looks great @Jason i will head to the big green shed tommorow and see wht is available. thanks everyone for the ideas.

kel
Making a Splash

@Gezza87

i'd go with jason's border suggestion

cheers kel

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

@MartyH thanks for all those links. the railway sleepers are a bit high as I want my sprinklers to still be able to water the lawn. @kel I think I am going to go similar to @jasons idea I went to Bunnings earlier and found this product https://www.bunnings.com.au/tuff-edge-2m-brushed-alloy-aluminium-garden-edge-6-pack_p3300274 I like it as it wont rust, I can whipper snipper against it, dig it in as deep as I like so it sits flush and I can do the whole lot for $260. Thanks everyone for your help
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking forward to seeing how it comes together @Gezza87.

Glad to see the community was able to provide assistance with the project. 

By the way, I also ordered those river pebbles in my photo from the Bunnings special orders desk. You can by them by the square metre and have them delivered if you need a lot (like we did). 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects