Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would you like to add to your garden?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you like to add to your garden?

mattock.jpg

I'm a little tired this morning as I was out late last night swinging the mattock into all the backyard clay. I was out in the dark because I needed to get gypsum into the clay to help break it down before the rich topsoil goes on today.

As I was fumbling around in the dark I promised myself I would add some garden lighting when we do all the new planting. LED lights are now very affordable and I'd love to use lights to dramatically feature some of our plants and trees.

What would you most like to add to your garden? Perhaps some lighting, a self-watering system, a raised garden bed, or an exotic new plant?

Let us know in the discussion below.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: What would you like to add to your garden?

I'm thinking about a firepit to help enjoy the backyard all year round. See https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gallery/Winter-project-firepit-for-the-backyard/cns-p/2768

CathD
Making a Splash

Am thinking about a small glasshouse for propagating. 

Barker
Cultivating a Following

Installing a watering system before next summer would be good. It's a really tedious job standing around with the hose, made even worse when you do it at dusk and get attacked by mozzies.

Drew

Goldmember
Having an Impact

Something like this would be good!

Pool.jpg

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

I would love an outdoor cinema in my backyard. 

It would be perfect for summer and also in winter snuggling up with blankets around a fire to watch movie would be great! 

Probably need a bigger backyard though...

outdoor-cinema.jpg

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

A hammock for afternoon naps after gardening. 

hammock.jpghammock1.jpg

timjeffries
Making a Splash

I'm pretty keen for some avocado trees. I love them, my kids love them and they cost the earth. Unfortunately it'll take years for them to fruit to the level we'll need but we're not going anywhere so I guess I should just get them in the ground.

I would also love an avocado tree @timjeffries. I think I'm also going to take the plunge now that we have a blank canvas in the backyard. I see that you've already read the great tips in this thread. Let us know what variety you go with.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tia
Getting Established

I would love to have a Moon Gate in my garden!!! :love:

moongate.jpg

Come to think of it.. I think I just might add that idea to the ever growing list of 'To Do's'..

Priorities first though.. Finish cleaning the mud off 400 odd house bricks (I'm big on Reuse-Recyle) and get my African Keyhole Garden built and growing some tucker... :wink:

african-keyhole-garden.jpgAs for lighting, Solar leds are BRILLIANT!! They come in some pretty awsome designs now or even make your own..:cool: 

Deams are amazing, they keep the world moving & life, as we know it, going.. Keep dreaming, and make the dreams that big they scare you!!

Stay Cool :cool:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects