Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What plants are office friendly?

JoshRaf
Building a Reputation

What plants are office friendly?

FiddleLeaf.jpg

I've decided that the my cubicle in the office building I work in could use some greenery but im not sure which plants would survive on my desk, especially over weekends when all the lights are turned off and im not there to water it.

Any suggestions?

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What Plants Are Office Friendly?

They tend to be high maintanene though @Andy_Mann

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking forward to seeing your office oasis soon @JoshRaf. Please share some pictures when you have your indoor garden up and running. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I want to have some indoor plants. There are some suggestions in this article - https://www.yates.com.au/garden-calendar/january/indoor-and-potted-plants

Anyone grow any of these?

• Spider plants (Chlorophytum comosum) seemed to lose favour after their 1970s boom, however they’re making a come back. They’re hardy plants with attractive ribbons of variegated foliage and make a great hanging basket plant. They even enjoy being pot bound!
  • Dieffenbachia, which has the unfortunate common name of ‘dumb cane’ (due to its potential to cause speaking and breathing difficulties if ingested) has large green and yellow patterned leaves and brings a tropical feel indoors.
  • As it name suggests, the ‘Cast Iron Plant’ (Aspidistra elatior) is a neglect-loving plant with large, upright glossy green leaves.
  • Peace lily (Spathiphyllum), has lovely long dark green leaves combined with elegant white flowers and makes a great potted indoor plant.
Isobel
Amassing an Audience
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects