Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What plants are office friendly?

JoshRaf
Building a Reputation

What plants are office friendly?

FiddleLeaf.jpg

I've decided that the my cubicle in the office building I work in could use some greenery but im not sure which plants would survive on my desk, especially over weekends when all the lights are turned off and im not there to water it.

Any suggestions?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What Plants Are Office Friendly?

Good topic @JoshRaf. I'm sure the Workshop community can come up with some great suggestions.

You might also like to check out what @hamlyf shared in this post - Office sanctuaries for busy people.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
greygardener
Becoming a Leader

I like bromeliads @JoshRaf. There are lots of different varieties and they are tough and grow well indoors. 

Here's an example:

bromeliads_in_pot.jpg

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Is the Fiddleleaf Fig fad finished?

CathD
Making a Splash

Mother-in-law’s Tongue - very hardy, needs almost no water. And is trendy at the moment so easy to find. 

Mammasalt
Building a Reputation

Peace Lily's are my favourite indoor plant! They have beautiful green leaves and a pure white flower but the best part is as soon as they start looking a little droopy you water them and they perk up within minutes. I don't know how to add a photo to this but google pease lily oh and my advice use a self watering pot so you don't end up with desk puddles.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Silicone transplants, they're unreal, & don't need watering.

@Mammasalt

When you are in the text editor composing a reply on Workshop, just click on the insert/edit image button to upload a photo. Here's what it should look like:

InsertImage.png

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Mammasalt
Building a Reputation

I'm on my phone so it doesn't give me those options.

@Mammasalt You're probably using our Quick Reply box at the bottom of the discussion, which is text only. Instead, hit Reply on any post and you'll be taken to the full text editor with all the formating options as per my photo.

You can use the text editor on any device. However, we will be optimising the site next year for use on mobiles.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects