Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Vertical garden with built-in watering system

kel
Making a Splash

Vertical garden with built-in watering system

IMG_0002.JPG

Note from the Bunnings Workshop community manager: If you want to build this fantastic vertical garden, Mitch has created step-by-step instructions here - How to build a vertical garden

nuwa
Cultivating a Following

Re: the vertical gardens that i built

Thanks for the reply. I had a look at sleepers yesterday at bunnings. But 50mm is bit too thick for me as I am not looking for a bigger planter boxes. I might go with plastic as you suggested

amanda2020
Just Starting Out

Re: D.I.Y. vertical garden

This looks so awesome  but you still need some sort of skill to do it 

I would love love this in my garden would you do a pro bono job  -- lol 

stunning great job  :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Vertical garden with built-in watering system

Welcome to the Workshop community @amanda2020.

It's fantastic to have you join us and I'm sure @kel appreciates your comment! You'll find loads of other inspirational projects for around your home and garden contributed by members with all types of skill levels. If you ever have a project to share or need assistance please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SarahC4
Cultivating a Following

This looks wonderful!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings.
Please visit the Bunnings website
if you need assistance from the Bunnings customer service team.

allyQLQ
Finding My Feet

I can not wait to try this! Thank you for the step by step instructions, that’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @allyQLQ.

We're happy to hear that you've found a project you're excited about trying out yourself.

I see that @kel has kindly shared instructions for how to go about making this earlier in the discussion, but in case you haven't yet seen it, our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc has shared step-by-step instructions for how to build a vertical garden that you can follow.

Feel free to post any questions along the way, and we look forward to seeing pictures of your own vertical garden.

Stevie

vanj
Finding My Feet

hi there! may i know the approximate cost of building something like this? materials only or labour and materials....thanks...

vanj
Finding My Feet

Hi Kel, how much would u charge to build a 3 meter section? thanks 😃

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vanj,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. This is place where our members share their D.I.Y. projects and advice. If you have been inspired by @kel's wonderful vertical garden and are looking for help on building your own, we're here to assist you all the way. But if you'd like to find someone to build a vertical garden for you, we'd suggest checking out sites like hipages or Airtasker

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with your home improvement projects. We're here to help.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @vanj

Here is the link to the step-by-step instructions: How to build a vertical garden. The guide also shows you a materials list so you can check for yourself and modify it as you see fit. It also depends on how you want to layout your project. Do you want just vertical planters or do you want to include the raised garden bed? I would conservatively estimate a budget of $450 (for the vertical planters and frame only). It's always good practice to check the timber prices before you purchase your materials as they often change. 

Adding an extra set of vertical planters will require you to add that extra cost to your estimated budget. I suggest drawing the plans on paper or computer to give you a better idea of how it will be assembled and where it will be positioned. This is a great opportunity for you to flex your D.I.Y. muscles. If you have any questions regarding this project, please don't hesitate to post them.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects