Workshop
Ask a question

Vertical herb garden

KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

Vertical herb garden

Hi everyone, 

Thought I'd share the next phase of my fence make-over project - a vertical herb garden.

To create the vertical garden, we installed x 3 of the Whites Outdoor 'Garden Up' vertical garden kits to the fence with screws. Apart from ensuring it all lined up with the fence panelling, it was quick and easy to do!

I then filled the pots with small herb plants - Tarragon, Mint, Vietnamese basil, Chives, Parsley, Thyme, Sage and Coriander. The wall is west facing and is protecting slightly by our neighbour's huge lemon tree. 

Happy to report, that a few months later the herbs are all still alive apart from coriander (which I've never successfully grown).

Project cost around $300 all up and has made a huge difference to the boring fence!

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6644.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vertical Herb Garden

Looks fantastic @KingStreetReno, many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
_Marley_
Building a Reputation

These look good. I also like your painted fence. I want to paint our fence as its looking old and tired.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@_Marley_

Check out this discussion - Fence makeover

Using a spray gun to give an old fence a new look is very easy. We were rapt with the results we got. 

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Visitors to this popular discussion might also be interested in other vertical gardens that have been shared by Workshop members recently. Here's a few to get you started:

Hope these projects inspire you to create your own. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects