Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Using rustic antiques as garden ornaments

Annette
Making a Splash

Using rustic antiques as garden ornaments

I have a love of antiques, both indoors and out and I have found that the rustic out-doorsy ones make very affordable garden ornaments. Hubby lovingly calls them my rusty s*** - at least I think its lovingly :grin:

These photos were taken nearly 5 years ago when we had the backyard re-landscaped and the bushes have grown considerably since then. We have wagon wheels, plough discs, millstones, ladders, milk churns, bullock yokes, block and tackle, a push lawnmower, 3 park benches, a plough and much more.

Are there other members out there who use similar items in their gardens?

IMG_2744.JPG

IMG_2754 (12).JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2764 (22).JPG

IMG_2760 (18).JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

IMG_2771 (29).JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2778 (36).JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2784 (42).JPG

IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

IMG_2880 (137).JPG

Plough

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Using rustic antiques as garden ornaments

@Annette, I've got a rusty ball & chain that I'm quite attached to, but if you can summon a locksmith, & pay postage, it's yours. :cheeky: :wink:

What's her name?  :smile:

greygardener
Becoming a Leader

Nice collection Annette. I love that old stove.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Is that your beer fridge in one of the shots? It looks really retro cool.

BibbyKat
Having an Impact

I have a very very old hand pushed grass cutter/mower.  It belonged to my parents and now is now a show piece in my garden (under some shelter from bad weather).  Unfortunately it is very rusty .. But the rustic look if gorgeous.

BibbyKat
Having an Impact

Oh yes .. forgot to mention .. my father old wheel barrow.  It now is a centre piece and grandly shows off cacti and succulents.

@Kermit When we have parties we use it as an "esky" with tubs of ice in it. When we had a dog we kept her dry food in it but sadly our Golden Retriever has gone to Doggy Heaven some years ago. We now use it to store the heat beads, fire lighters etc for the BBQ

@greygardener Thanks, I love the stove too. It doesn't work but who cares? I don't.  :rosy:

hahahahahaha    I get it ... You are naughty ... good reply

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects