Workshop
Ask a question

Using left over tiles

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Using left over tiles

After I refinished my pebblecrete pool, I had 3 boxes of tiles left over.  They are sky blue colour.

I was thinking it might be nice to stick some of them to concrete pots and put them near the pool.

The nearby steps are black and so is the deck above.  I'd like to paint the pots black and then add the tiles.  Or I could leave them grey like the travertine surrounding the pool and just stick the tiles on.

Can you give me some ideas as to how to go about this?  I've never done this kind of thing before.  

Do the pots need to be sealed first?  What kind of adnesive do I use?  And which grout.

They would be in sun all day.  Seems a waste to just have them sitting in my garage.  😑Tiles around pool and deck aboveTiles around pool and deck above

Ari
Having an Impact

Re: Using left over tiles

@JRRed 

I think this link may have all the info you need.

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Mosaics

Or there may be more out there using 'mosaic art' in searches.

Love to see the end results!

Ari

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Using left over tiles

Hi @JRRed,

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from @Ari which is fantastic.

I think the best process to follow would be:

As @Ari has mentioned you are basically mosaicing and the key will be to use products suitable for the exterior applications.

We look forward to seeing some progress shots of the pots and can't wait for you to reveal the end result.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects