Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tomatoes that grow up latticework

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Tomatoes that grow up latticework

I had some old bricks laying around, and I was getting a bit sick of whippersnipping around some spearpoint pipework -  so I decided to make a "quick n dirty" vegetable patch that I can mow around now (excuse the dodgy rendering, just used my hands but it should do the job to hold some dirt and its hidden behind the pump box)

Im going to whack up some latticework tomorrow,  and want to plant some climbing tomatoes we can eat and also to help hide the spearpoint box a little bit. Any suggestions on tomatoes that would suit? Its full sun for 3/4 of the day there, if it needs watering alot thats fine (its all automatic)

IMG_20190213_174622.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Tomatoes that grow up latticework

It's been a while since we saw you on Workshop @Prawns. We've missed you!

Are you growing tomatoes again this summer?

Hope all is well.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Hey mate Ive been having some interesting facebook issues, I wasnt even sure I could sign in here using my facebook anymore (facebook is suddenly demanding my mobile number to prove who i am and Im refusing to supply it - facebook suspended my account due this and we are in a stalemate - well kinda - ive dumped them now and gave up on facebook after 10 years or so of using it lol)

I signed in today though using my suspended facebook account (verses just browsing the website) - Seems i can sign in here even though my facebooks indefinatly suspended  - good to know :smile:

Regards my tomatoes - Ive not had much luck with the last few plants - Im getting bottom end rott on the tomatos from watering the leaves themselves with the spearpoint somtimes -  and if that doesnt happen  - i get insects eating out the stems hahahahah.  Just the other day though we noticed a "wild" tomato plant suddenly start growing in a old empty gardenbed  - so I have transplanted that into a better spot and Im crossing my fingers the bugs dont get this one lol

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me know if you ever have trouble getting into the site @Prawns. You can always email workshop@workshop.com.au

You can also decouple your Facebook login from Workshop if you like - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-social-connect

Good luck with those tomatoes. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Ahh thanks for the good info Jason :smile:

Im about to head off kayak fishing - but when i get home I will definatly "decouple" facebook from here incase it stops working altogether for signing in at a later date i guess.

Hopefully I come home with a nice flathead from fishing (my dog generally gets them later on - once they are frozen as a flathead iceblock on hot days hahahah - they are deboned/filleted etc so bones no issues and its a great way to cool the dog off)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects