Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stormwater Disposal Code Compliance.

BIM_Engineer
Valued Contributor

Stormwater Disposal Code Compliance.

Council stormwater disposal systems in old areas are proving problematic & inadequate.

Sydney flooding: More rain forecast as residents return to Marrickville apartment after evacuation

Points to consider when assessing your own stormwater with reference to Code & Council Requirements:-

• Soil Types, water table height, impervious areas, i.e. paved, roof, etc.
  • Retention/Detention stormwater systems
  • When renovating or building a new house you may be required to upgrade your entire stormwater system.
  • Stormwater Management Plan (SMP) which includes stormwater Diagram showing locations & tank sizes, invert levels for connection/discharge.
  • Council Engineering Departments now provide on-line apps to check for stormwater capacity compliance, please check with your Council.

SMP.jpg

If your stormwater system is non-compliant you will require certification that your system is equivalent or better than what is required in the codes otherwise you will need to make it compliant.

Non-compliance now adds considerable burden & costs to infrastructure systems.

Unfortunately, the battlers, punters & homeowners are now required to shoulder some of the costs.

CaptainBuff
New Contributor

Re: Stormwater Disposal Code Compliance.

Cool man, thanks. It sort of seems a little random though mate, referring to the actual codes that detail stormwater design (and how much they cost from SAI Global) would help!
BIM_Engineer
Valued Contributor

Re: Stormwater Disposal Code Compliance.

@CaptainBluff These details and info are clients & the Battlers & Punters
If they require addition information they can always PM me
I have 1000's of details and happy to help...I suggest others that don't provide reliable details lift their game

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects