Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Starting over

Juliapinkiepie
Building a Reputation

Starting over

*warning: don't read if you hate self obsessed rants. I know it's not forum related but I needed to let that all out
If someone had told me 3 years ago that losing my gardens was what upset the most when I was made homeless I would of laughed at them.
It's never easy leaving something or someone that you natured, loved and cared for. But you have to say "Enough is enough, I need to put me and my needs first"
It's funny as I started getting into plants when we started dating. We'd wander through national parks and I'd stop to look at the natives and I'd take photos of flowers I loved. We'd spend lazy Sundays at the farmer's market's, I got inspired to grow my own.
3 years ago I started my gardens from scratch and today, after being homeless for 6 weeks I starred from scratch again. 2 eggplant seedlings (I'll put them in the DIY green house till it warms up) and a Bay Laurel tree. I thought it a great omen when I read today that

laurel was the symbol of wisdom, both acquired and intuitive. Laurus nobilis is believed to derive from the Celtic word laur meaning green and the Latin nobilis ssignify
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Starting over

Feel free to rant @Juliapinkiepie. It sounds like you've had a tough time. I hope you are OK now. I would certainly miss my garden if it was taken away. But hopefully starting again can be a rejuvenating and healing process for you.

Re: Starting over

Best of luck @Juliapinkiepie. Everyone has the ups and downs.
My garden has been my faithful psychologists and my gym! Gardening do wonders to your mental health too. Start with a pot or two, soon you will have a handful and more.
Have fun!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects