Workshop
Ask a question

Simple garden beds

Sporky
Building a Reputation

Simple garden beds

So it's been a while - there's been loads happening at our place, the most important thing has been a new garden bed that my disabled husband made for me. We did alot of research into the fence palings and so we ended up lining it with black plastic and so far it's been amazing! 

IMG_20180215_124511.jpg

We also scored some free soil, with the condition that we moved it ourselves - Which we did, barrow by painful barrow. 

IMG_20180221_153008.jpg

This is the layering that we did - Paper, Manure, Soil, Manure, Soil - repeating manure and soil. We watered it in every 4th layer and it seems to have worked a treat!

IMG_20180221_164024.jpgIMG_20180221_164806.jpg

IMG_20180221_165430.jpg

IMG_20180221_165623.jpg

We still have a couple of layers to go, but I'm hopeful to have something grown this winter :smile: 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Start Gardening with these simple garden beds

Great project @Sporky. Many thanks for sharing. What are you going to be planting?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sporky
Building a Reputation

thanks @Jason

I plan on growing broccoli, beetroot and beans or peas or something like that. I've tried growing for a few years now and everything dies :unhappy: I hope this year is different!
Jodie72
Finding My Feet

your husband done amazing job lucky you

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jodie72,

Thanks for joining in the discussion and a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're rapt that you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of great advice and inspiration from our community members. 

If you'd like to tackle a similar project to these garden beds, there are plenty of members who would be happy to help. Just let us know. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects