Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Seasonal Herbs

aly
Making a Splash

Seasonal Herbs

My rosemary, thyme, basil and parsely are growing quiet nicely. What else is perfect for planting this time of year?

herbs.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Seasonal Herbs

I would encourage you to grow some mint @aly. It is super easy to grow, and a great addition to salads and drinks in summer. I'm a big fan of a mojito! I also make a great corn salad with mint, chilli and feta. 

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CathD
Making a Splash

Where are you based @aly? I would add chives and coriander to the previous suggest of mint.  

aly
Making a Splash

Hi @CathD, I'm based in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Chives sounds like a good pick!

CathD
Making a Splash

Great, you've have no problems then. Just ensure you regularly water the coriander and pick regularly to ensure it doesn't go to seed too quickly. And best to plant the mint in a pot like your other herbs - it can spread very quickly in a garden bed. 

aly
Making a Splash

Thanks for the advice @CathD. Tuscan Path have some gorgeous terracotta bowls available at Bunnings that I was hoping to pick up and add to my collection.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tuscan-path-11-x-24cm-small-terracotta-bowl_p2833805

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects