Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Rose Arbour construction

Kiwifr33
Having an Impact

Rose Arbour construction

So a while ago the other half may have stolen a nice rose cutting from the nursery. In her defense, it was from their garden, not from a plant that was for sale.

Fast forward to six months after I bought a couple of 200 x 75 treated pine sleepers and ripped them in half to make posts (another story, but I won’t be doing that again!) - they are finally dry. Not sure if I’m following the original plan re: embellishments, time will tell. Structural stuff is underway. Circular saw joinery is never pretty...

Laps on posts for trellis rails, also gang cut. Measure twice, cut four times!Laps on posts for trellis rails, also gang cut. Measure twice, cut four times!PlansPlansThe general idea: side viewThe general idea: side viewTop rails with angles and lap joints gang cut for consistencyTop rails with angles and lap joints gang cut for consistency

Kiwifr33
Having an Impact

Re: Rose Arbour construction

I’d like to add a couple more photos but it seems to be restricting me to two..? Jason? Jaaaasssoon!!!

EDIT: it let me have more if I dropped from large to medium.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

There's no limit on the number of photos you can add to a post @Kiwifr33, so not sure what problem you were experiencing. But I would encourage you to add new photos in a new reply rather than continuing to edit the original post as members who are following the discussion will be alerted to replies, but won't if you just edit a post. 

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @Jason, I don’t know what it was doing either!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries. Feel free to reach out anytime you need a hand with anything @Kiwifr33.

By the way, you might get some tips from keen woodworker @Wayne who built a barbecue arbour a couple of years back. See https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Building-the-BBQ-Arbor/m-p/4443

There's also this - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/outdoor/paths-and-landscaping/how-to-build-a-diy-timber-garde...

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
greygardener
Becoming a Leader

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Thanks @greygardener, had a little setback during the week when 10cm of water ran through the garage (where the resdymix was sitting on the floor). On the plus side, the inch of rain responsible should make it easier to dig the post holes!

The 'customer' wants an unfinished weathered look, so those nice bright green top rails might have to bake outside for a while too...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects