Workshop
Ask a question

Building a rock garden in Brisbane

brrmmm
Just Starting Out

Building a rock garden in Brisbane

I'm embarking on a project that I've no idea how to actually execute haha !   This easter weekend I'll try to construct a footpath garden along my fenceline.  Since I'm horticulturally-challenged I figure a rock garden may be what I need to make.  This is my inspiration, without the bushy stuff on the right.  Instead of the red flowers, I'd like to have something orange-y to match the terracotta driveway.  Ideas ??  Is this achievable for a rank beginner?  By the way, can anybody help me out with the name of the spikey plant?

rock garden.PNG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Building a rock garden in Brisbane

Hi @brrmmm,

So sorry you didn't get a response to your post during my absence from Workshop. Have you made any progress on your rock garden? I am more than happy to tag a few of our resident horticulturalists and other green thumbs on the site who I'm sure would be happy to assist you if you still need a hand with anything. Just let me know. 

Let me also extend an overdue but very warm welcome to the community. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about this project and many more to come around your house and garden. Please feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share - we'll ensure that you get a timely response next time!

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects